Whats on in The Area?
Barton and the surrounding area have a great many things happening at various times throughout the year, ensuring that there is plenty to do during your stay and making your home away from home a fantastic base for catching all these great events
there are regularly classic car and vehicle meet ups for the enthusiasts, as well as many live performances taking place in the area
- July 8th sees the Return of Bartons annual Bike Night, which features hundreds of motorcycles on display and thousands of enthusiasts from all over, as well as many market stalls and live music making for a lively enjoyable event.
- The Plowright Theatre and baths hall are located a short 30-minute drive away in Scunthorpe and feature many famous faces performing throughout the year as well as musicals and musical performances. To see a full list of their upcoming performances, click here.
- The Ropery Hall in Barton also offers much in the way of live events such as comedy, Live Music, Film Nights etc. a full list of their upcoming events can be found here.
- Baysgarth Park in Barton is commonly used for many activities and performances, including live theatre events, being held on the 9th and 23rd of July and the 27th of August as well as the yearly Barton Carnival event.
- Water’s edge country park and Nature Reserve has many upcoming workshops and events such as the classic car show on the 27th of August.
The Local Area
Things to do Locally
There are plenty of things to do in and around Barton upon Humber during your visits, including:
- Walks over the world famous Humber Bridge
- Exploring the historic towns of Barton upon Humber, Brigg and Beverley
- Walking or cycling along the river Humber
- Visiting the Many Nature reserves located just minutes from our Park
- Fishing in the River Humber and local ponds
- Water skiing, paddle boarding and sailing
- There are a number of golf clubs nearby, Normanby Hall, Elsham, and Forest Pines are three of many.
- Visiting the Deep aquarium in Hull
- Visiting the many museums in Hull
- Visiting the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Yorkshire Wildlife park
- Barton is with in ½ hr drive from Hull, Scunthorpe, Grimsby and an hour away from Leeds, Sheffield and Lincoln making it a great base to explore further afield.
- If it’s the beach’s that you prefer, the east coast of England has many to choose from within 1/2hr – 1 hrs drive away.